1) Entries must be posted using your team’s official Instagram account or by one single representative of your team should your team not have an Instagram account. All posts will need to be made on a public Instagram account. Posts made using a private Instagram account will not be eligible for the DTU Flight Contest.
2) There will be 1 Winner. Any team that has won a previous DTU Flight Contest is not eligible to win. The winners of this contest will earn $250 per participant up to 12 participants to assist with team travel fees (maximum of $3,000). Funds earned from the Flight Contest will be added as a credit to the team’s DTU Nationals invoice in the Fall once registration opens. Winning teams are highly encouraged to use our partners Spirit Airlines.
3) If the winning team is unable to attend DTU Nationals, they should notify DTU immediately and instead will receive a 2023 OR 2024 DTU Camp Kit. If the awarded funds are given up by the winning team prior to 60 days before the event, the funds will then be awarded to the next team selected by DTU. If you are unsure if your team will be able to make it to the 2024 DTU National Championship, we still encourage you to participate in the Flight Contest!
To enter the DTU 2024 Flight Contest, powered by Spirit Airlines, follow the four steps below:
1. Post one photo of your team showing school spirit from your official team Instagram which must be a public account. If you do not have an official team Instagram, elect one person (with a public account) to post for your team throughout the entire DTU Flight Contest.
2. In the caption, write a paragraph explaining how your team is showing team spirit right now and use the hashtag #DTUTeamSpirit.
3. From the account that you post your contest photo, follow both @danceteamunion and @spiritairlines on Instagram.
4. Tag @danceteamunion and @spiritairlines in the photo. Submissions for round one will be accepted beginning June 1st and the last day to enter will be June 15th by 11:59 PM central time. Semi-finalists will be selected at the discretion of Spirit Airlines and Dance Team Union. Teams must complete all four steps laid out in the round one submission guidelines to be eligible to move on to round two. If you are unsure if your team will be able to make it to the 2024 DTU National Championship, we still encourage you to participate in the Flight Contest!
Round Two (Semifinals):
If selected to move on to the semi-final round of the DTU Flight Contest, you will be given a link to the Flight Contest Semi-Finals voting page. The photos from your round one entry will be added to this voting page. Share this link with fans and encourage everyone to vote for your teams’ photo! The top teams with the most votes will be selected to move on to the final round. The voting link will be available via email, our Instagram bio, Facebook, and our website on June 19th by 5:00 central time. The last day to vote will be June 25th at 11:59 PM central time. Finalists will be selected based on the number of votes as well as at the discretion of Spirit Airlines and Dance Team Union. Finalists will be announced on June 26th on Dance Team Union social media outlets and our website.
Round Three (Finals)
If selected to move on to the final round of the DTU Flight Contest, follow the steps below.
1. Post a video showing us a behind the scenes look at how your team is unique.
2. Tag @danceteamunion and @spiritairlines, and in the caption, use the hashtag #DTUTeamSpiritFinals.
Submissions for round three will be accepted beginning June 26th and the last day to submit will be July 9th by 11:59 PM central time. After all finalist submissions have been made, you will be given a link to the Flight Contest Finals voting page via email, Instagram bio, Facebook, and our website. Share this link with fans and encourage everyone to vote! The voting link will be available on July 10th by 5:00 PM central time. The last day to vote will be July 14th that 11:59 PM central time. The DTU Flight Contest Winners will be announced on or around July 17th! The winner will be selected based on the number of votes received, as well as at the discretion of Spirit Airlines and Dance Team Union.