Bachelor’s Degree or similar certification
Director of Events or his/her designee
Excellent customer service and organization skills
Dance Team Union (“DTU”) is the fastest growing dance camp and competition company in the United States. Our sole passion and focus is dance! We host events all over the United States year-round.
The principal duties of the Event Coordinator (“EC”) are to plan and organize DTU’s regional, virtual and national competitions and/or its summer camps, under the supervision of the Director of Events. The EC’s duties may include, but not be limited to, planning staff travel and lodging, making competition and camp schedules, running event checklists, scheduling and coordinating with the hosts of our events, venue sourcing, and communicating event details to customers. The EC will also assist our on-site team with running events.
Essential Job Functions
• Reside in the Nashville, TN area year-round (our office is in Antioch, TN).
• Communicate accurately and politely with customers, staff and company ownership.
• Handle heavy email inflow and outflow in a professional and organized manner.
• Work independently.
• Give and receive written and verbal instructions and feedback in a clear and professional manner.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, email, online ordering, scanning, bill payment, and vendor management.
• Travel to events with the rest of the DTU events team throughout the year.
• Present a polished and professional image to customers at all times, including in person at events.
• Have a background in events and/or dance.
• Be organized and efficient.
• Be comfortable working in a small business, team-built and oriented environment.
• Be an excellent problem solver.
• Communicate well with staff, event hosts and vendors regarding travel plans and event details.
• Have a customer-focused service mentality, both inside and outside the business.